About visa

The partner countries of FAME master are part of the European Schengen area. In these countries, non European students must obtain a long stay student visa to be able to enter and stay.

Please note that it is impossible to transform a tourist visa into a student visa.

See also Study in Europe website (http://ec.europa.eu/education/study-in-europe/)


To apply for a student visa, the following documents are generally required:

 a valid passport
 passport photos
 entitlement to university admission (diplomas) and notification of admission from the university
 evidence of previous academic performance
 a proof of financial support guarantee for one year
 lodging certificate in the host country

• The visa application is submitted and issued in your country of residence at the Embassy or Consulate of the hosting country – preferably as early as possible (2 months before the date of arrival).

For France, non-European students must check if their country is submitted to the CEF visa procedure on this website : http://www.campusfrance.org/en/

• The long stay entry visa (more than 90 days) only gives access to the state that issues the visa, and the possibility of entering other Schengen countries for a duration less than 3 months.

• FAME master Second year : it is necessary to ask a long stay visa for the concerned country.